For our client, a globally operating and pharmaceutical company in we are currently looking for an experienced and motivated
Senior Scientific Infrastructure Solution Engineer (f/m) 100% Basel
As Senior Scientific Infrastructure Solution Engineer (specialist for Linux research platform and HPC environment ) you will involve working with our client’s scientists on their Linux application needs translating them to core infrastructure needs, provided in partnership with service providers. You should have ideally strong knowledge of Linux system administration, scientific application building and tuning, high performance computer/storage systems, cloud technologies, scripting and a Devops approach to platform.
- Support an High performance computers migration project moving workloads to shared platforms including on premise HPC, container orchestration platform (Kubernetes) and public cloud offerings
- Good monitoring solution for dynamic, container-based environments to unify container data with other infrastructure data to gain better contextualization and root cause analysis. Application container technology is revolutionizing app development, bringing previously unimagined flexibility and efficiency to the development process
- Contribute to HPC/Scientific workflow and job submission optimization activities
- Training courses and developing material on complex applications and platforms
- Work with operational team on delivery and support of the scientific Linux application Environment.
- at least 2 years HPC migration project
- + 3 years of administering Linux HPC environments
- Experience of Linux build and packaging tools (Make, CMake, Easybuild, RPM, Yum
- Experience working with installing and configuring scientific applications particularly on a Linux/Unix platform (for example Schrodinger, Moe, Bowtie, Gromacs, R, Python, Matlab, Topspin, Pipeline Pilot)
- DevOPS approach: configuration management (e.g. puppet), automated build/release test & deployment (e.g. jenkins, git)
- Cloud technologies, infrastructure/platform as a service, AWS, Google, Azure
- Technical operational skills, such as troubleshooting, capacity planning, and root cause analysis
- Fluent in English
Nice to Haves: Computer Systems Validation and ITIL concepts; experience in a global organization, working in an international and multicultural environment; professional Linux/Unix Certifications; experience with Parallel Filesystem (e.g. Lustre, GPFS) and Scale-out NAS (e.g. Isilon); understanding of object storage, S3, swift; workload management, queue configuration (e.g. SLURM, LSF, Torque); virtualization and containerisation awareness, tools including kubernetes, docker, singularity; parallel programming techniques and tuning, openmp, mpi knowledge; HPC cluster build and management tools (e.g bright, xcat); HPC infrastructure components, infiniband networking, GPUs knowledge; shell, python, perl scripting; big Data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Mapreduce, Spark); monitoring tools/frameworks (e.g. nagios, ganglia, elk); programming skills in high level languages such as Java or C++.
Show us what you're made of and we'll offer you lots in return! You have the chance to join a truly growth-embracing culture, which will commit to helping you grow personally and professionally. As part of your role, our client wants you to know that your refreshing input is of high value!
Start date: 01.01.2020
Latest start date: 01.03.2020
End date: 31.12.2021
Location: Basel Area
Marianna Graziano, IT Recuitment Consultant, looks forward to answer your questions by phone +41 58 233 4575
or email email@example.com