For our client, a Swiss Branch of one of the largest banking institutions globally, we are looking for a Relationship Manager for Institutional Clients. The company can over a wide range of responsibilities in a very international and diverse environment. For this role a suitable candidate must have past Sales or RM experience within the Financial Services sector in Switzerland with existing client base of Financial Institutions.
- Report directly to the head of Corporate Banking Department, coordinating the branch’s relationship management activities to existing and new Institutional clients
- Managing relationships and originating business with Financial Institutions throughout Switzerland, to improve the funding capability of the branch, increase the revenue of the branch from those clients and business
- Soliciting, maintaining and developing Financial Institutions clients throughout Switzerland, covering mainly risk participation, trade finance, syndication and other related business.
- Maintain and implement internal policies and procedures
- Originate and execute transactions from end-to-end, including:
- Collect applicable documentation;
- Prepare business/account plan and credit proposals;
- Conduct KYC/on-boarding of clients and ongoing maintenance;
- Monitor and analyze risk/return performance of the client/portfolio;
- Work closely with other members of Corporate Banking Department and other departments within the branch such as Credit Risk, Treasury, Compliance etc.
- Establish connections within the group in other regions to develop cross-border business.
- Achieve the annual target allocated by the Corporate Banking Department
- Other work assigned by the Corporate Banking Department
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Economics or other related Subjects
- 5+ years of experience in sales or RM role in a financial services sector
- Good skills in financial analysis and credit risk control combined with strong understanding of Financial Institutions business. CFA / FRM would be an advantage
- Demonstrable understanding of the Switzerland’s regulatory environment for the products and markets of Banks and Non-Banks Financial Institutions Business
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proactive, self-motivated and well-organized
- Good communication skills. Strong work ethic and team spirit
- Fluency (both written and verbal) in English and German, French and Italian would be an advantage