We are looking for a self-driven independently working Linux Software Support Engineer (m/w) to join our client's IT support team in Zürich.
As a Software Support Engineer in the IT support team you will be part of a team which supports the software aspects of a large fleet of different camera systems spread over the world. In this role you will need the ability to analyse problems quickly and find solutions to challenging systems issues. In addition, you will be developing (Python / Typescript) on supporting systems and tools. If you have experience in system administration of Linux, enjoy working in international teams and have a passion for what you do, this job might be for you! We offer an exciting role with diverse responsibilities.
Linux Software Support Engineer (m/w)
- Support camera system software: maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, and upgrades.
- Diagnose and resolve system and software problems on the camera systems or communicate to engineering to help find a solution.
- Be the link between operations and engineering during issue / feature communication.
- Develop web applications (Python / Typescript) to monitor and maintain the fleet.
- Test vehicle assemblies in manufacturing and implement engineering changes.
- Diagnose and resolve system and software problems in the vehicles or communicate new issues to engineering and help find a solution.
- Troubleshoot and rectify vehicle assemblies, computers, power systems, cameras and sensors in the field.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years of extensive experience with Linux and object oriented programming
- Experience in system administration and/or troubleshooting.
- Python or Typescript experience preferred.
- Experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting the Unix/Linux operating system, Internet-based applications, and web servers.
- Scripting experience in actively writing/modifying code to improve monitoring and automation (Perl, Python, Shell, etc.)
- RedHat certifications (RHCE/RHCSA) will be advantage.
- Ability to analyse problems quickly and find solutions to challenging systems issues.
- Travelling required in peak season to assists the field technician team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- We offer you a nice challenge at one of the most exciting companies in the world. Our client has been identified multiple times as Fortune Magazine's #1 Best Place to Work and as the most powerful brand in the world. Our client has also been named as the most visited website on the Internet.
- Spring Professional provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract employees! Don't miss it! Next to a fix salary you will gain from nice fringe benefits offered by our client.
- Workload: 100%, 40 hours per week, Contract duration: 12 months
- Location: Zürich
Frau Katarzyna Krajewska, Key Account Manager, looks forward to answer your questions by phone +41 58 233 4580.
You can apply directly online.
Please mention reference JN -072019-296728 in your application.