One of our customers based on the Franco-Swiss arc of Lake Léman is looking for a Head of Strategic Sourcing/Purchasing. The candidate will be responsible for the company’s end to end sourcing of products and services essential for operations. In addition, the individual will oversee all phases of sourcing that require the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts to assure seamless availability of all products to support the company objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved.
- Manage and mentor staff encouraging professional growth & development.
- Responsible for negotiations for best possible cost service guarantee and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Be responsible of the M&A, JV, strategic partnerships strategy with suppliers, subcontractors and new businesses.
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives.
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance within the department.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Lead department to develop forecasts for future demand and place orders in a timely fashion based upon vendor lead-time.
- Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy domestically and internationally.
- Excess and obsolescence management.
- Oversee staffing/recruiting/training /coaching of direct reports including performance reviews.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree and at least five (10) years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience along with 5+ year’s relevant operations/supply chain experience in a technological environment.
- Strong experience with contract manufacturing vendors contracts definition and negotiation.
- Experience in identifying and building strategic partnerships.
- Strong preference for some international sourcing experience.
- Strong experience in international sourcing of electronic subassemblies and/or solutions.
- Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria).
Vous pouvez postuler en ligne en cliquant directement sur le button "Postuler"
Votre carrière est entre de bonnes mains : nous vous présentons des opportunités sur mesure. Que vous soyez en quête d’une mission d'intérim gratifiante ou d’un poste fixe, vous avez le soutien d’un cabinet de recrutement de première ligne. Badenoch + Clark est une marque de The Adecco Group spécialisée dans le placement de personnel senior hautement qualifié et de cadres dirigeants moyens et supérieurs.
Découvrez-en plus sur