Head of Accounting & Administration - 6 months - Geneva
Our client is looking to recruit an Interim Manager / Head of Accounting & Administration for 6 months.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the Accounting team located in Switzerland – in close cooperation with country CFOs and Business Units (management of 20 accountants)
- Be responsible for accurate accounting under local accounting norms, Swiss GAAP and US Gaap.
- Supervise all accounting duties : GL, P&<, BS, consolidation, budget, closings, financial statements, tax declaration
- Prepare statutory reporting up to year end closings including: Local Annual Accounts, Corporate income tax declarations, VAT and others tax aspects.
- Be the primary contact for external audit issues related to assigned legal entities.
- Lead improvement of accounting processes and be supportive with implementations of new financial and accounting projects.
- Lead the Management Team of different administrative departments.
Education & Personal Skills
- University degree in Finance, Diplôme fédéral d'expert comptable, CPA or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 15 years experience, ideally both in Auditing and in an International Finance environment (management experience within an Accounting Shared Service Center would be a plus).
- Outstanding people manager, entitled to motivate & inspire team players to reach the highest professional standard.
- Strong functional skills such as systems experience (SAP) and accounting experience (US Gaap, consolidation, closing processes)
- Experience in project management and SAP
- Fluent in French, English and also in German.
For this important position we are looking for a dynamic, self motivated team player with the ability to deliver results through people.