For our client, a multinational biotech company based in the Basel area we are accepting applications from highly qualified individuals for the position of
Our client is offering a very attractive position within their fermentation department located near Basel, Switzerland.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and assist in the development of microbial fermentation processes in all aspects from small scale through to production scale. Method transfer to CMO partners will also play a feature of this role.
Main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing ownership and responsibility for the development of fermentation processes for pilot scale and production scale processes.
- Process transfer to collaborating CMO's
- Troubleshooting and optimization of fermentation processes via literature review
- Scientifically accurate documentation of experiments and results
- Collaboration with downstream process development to ensure project success
- PhD in Microbiology, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 4 years' industrial experience.
- Profound knowledge and experience of yeast fermentation systems
- Experience of working with bench-scale bioreactors (batch, batch-fed and continuous processes)
- Experience in the scale up of fermentation from pilot scale to production.
- Experience in technology transfer.
- Fluency in English
- Our client offers a dynamic working environment with modern facilities and state of the art equipment.
- A work location with good access to public transport allowing for an easy and comfortable commute
- Attractive salary and good work life balance.
About Spring Professional
Advance your career, find a job that you love or discover a new opportunity for professional growth – we believe in these goals and work every day to help you achieve them. Spring Professional is a subsidiary of The Adecco Group specialising in temporary and permanent placement of qualified professionals.
Find out what we can do for you. Apply for this job, or for one of over 500 other vacancies at SpringProfessional.ch
Herr Phill Rogers, Recruitment Consultant, looks forward to answer your questions by phone +41 58 233 2100.
You can apply directly online.
Please mention reference JN -122019-298494 in your application.