We are currently supporting our client in Zurich, in their search for an experienced Sales Manager.
- Direct reporting to Country Commercial Director or Country Head of Segment
- Responsible for development of commercial strategy and sales plans in order to promotes and to sell portfolio of the products and solutions to final customers
- Keeps clients informed of new products in the portfolio and pricings
- Develops lead plans to ensure a robust pipeline of commercial opportunities
- Identifies, manages and closes new sales opportunities.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements to promote upselling and cross-selling
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Contributes to the development of sales programs to meet the organization's business objectives
- Identifies, qualifies and closes business opportunities in the country, engages with potential customers and collaborates to create the offering that matches customers’ requirements
- Interprets external business issues and recommend solutions
- Understand the customers’ business model and the market’s legal framework
- Prepares (co-ordinate) customer presentations, tender documents and contracts
- Negotiate customer contracts
- Leads, supports and contributes to the Sales process during project bid preparation (strategy, approach, partnership, scope, pricing, risk mitigation, etc.)
- Supports the development and distribution of new products
- Develops marketing programs and pricing strategies to support products and services
- Performs marketing and sales activities in order to improve market's position and achieve financial growth
- Contributes to the development of the Segment Plans, the Commercial Accounts Plan and the Action Plans to achieve the commercial goals
- Delivers regular, high quality and transparent reporting of activity and results (including but not limited to presales activities, customer engagement, pipeline, forecast and results)
- Achieves revenue targets by increasing revenue spend per account
- Works pro-actively and independently, with guidance in the form of policies and guidelines and with coaching from senior experts
- Demonstrates a “can-do” working style and be persistent in pursuing opportunities
- At least 5 years of previous experience in Commercial or Marketing Departments in B2B (Business to Business) companies from the telecom sector or industrial sector, leading sales activity
- Track record in sales forecasting, management and deal closing
- Experience in customer engagement, sales and business development
- Ability to achieve results in cooperation with many internal and external stakeholders
- Previous valuable experiences: Telecom/Industrial Services/Technical Consultancy IT / IT Integration in projects sales
- Critical previous experiences: consultative selling, contract negotiation
- Innovation and change oriented/ Business and Solutions expertise: Interpret external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve process, solution or service. Tailor the offering to customer requirements.
- Creative thinking / Solve complex problems; take a new perspective on existing solutions; exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Interpersonal communication. Strong interpersonal and communications skills – ability to communicate (orally and in writing) effectively up, across and down the organisation
- Outstanding negotiation and presentation skills
- Fluent in English and German
- Availability to travel
If this role excites you, and you feel you could take this next challenge in your career, then I look forward to receiving your application today.
Please note that we are only considering applications from Swiss and EU-27/EFTA nationals or Swiss work permit holders for our open positions in Switzerland.